“Jon Carver of Barzoon, You Misunderstood” — the strange culmination of a planetary romance (250 words).
- “Short but outstanding… tantalizing hints at a complex fantasy world” (Publishers Weekly).
- “Oddly impeccable” (epiphany_maria).
- Best Short Fiction of 2014 – Honourable Mention (Apex Magazine).
- “Stood out for me… beautiful in its simplicity” (Sepiidae: The Right Venue).
- “Cleverly deconstructing the Mars of Edgar Rice Burroughs” (Martian Migraine Press).
- “Stayed with me… a powerful prose poem that brilliantly brings to life a faraway world with vivid, alien imagery” (Benito Corral Reviews).
- “Standout… Pages completely subvert their source material” (Lisa’s Reviews).
- “Made my brain hurt… I like it” (OBIR Magazine).
- 2018-04 Odd Tales of Wonder magazine, Issue 8.
- 2018-03 Manawaker Studio’s Flash Fiction Podcast audio netcast, Episode 307.
- 2017-01 Great Jones Street subscription app post (to 2018-01; defunct).
- 2014-05 Sword & Mythos anthology.
A Life of Fiction
Graham J. “GrayJay” Darling has long been a voracious consumer of speculative literature. The first novel he ever read was Alice in Wonderland: after learning that by heart, he went on to sip from entire fields of such flowers of the imagination. Eventually he was moved to share the wonder with like-minded fans in clubs, conventions, productions and games. He now writes as fiction what the world isn’t ready for as fact, in parallel to his activities as a scientist and as a medieval reenactor.